Create a Homefinder account to save favorite listings, common searches and to schedule daily emails of new listings matching your criteria!
Real estate agents ready to serve you | Browse homes and real estate for sale
Talk to Coldwell Banker Troy Helman REALTORS if you are planning to relocate. We have helped many individuals and families relocate from and to Terre Haute. Call us or email us and we will get right to work helping you! Our professional relocation department will provide the following services.
If Moving Into Our Area:
- Mail you a package, an inch or more, of detailed information about our community and what's going on. FREE of course.
- Help you find a high quality and competent REALTOR in the area you are leaving to help you market your present home.
- Work with you and your new employer, if appropriate, in arranging the details of your home search and relocation to our area.
If Moving Away From This Area:
- Help you obtain preliminary detailed information on the communities where you are considering moving.
- Help you find a high quality and competent REALTOR to help you at your destination area.
- Work with your relocation company, if you have one, arranging inspections, appraisals and many other details necessary on this end.
- Work with your Williams' Associate to develop the best strategy for you in the marketing of your home, designed to accomplish your goals.
Relocation is an important part of our business and our success is based on the quality of the service we are able to provide you in your relocation. Call us or email us, we are ready to help you now.
- Get rid of anything you aren't taking with you.
- Find out where to dispose of household chemicals like old paint.
- Make a list of everything you're bringing to your new home.
- Find out the replacement value of all belongings, for insurance purposes.
- Fill out a change of address form. Notify friends, family and others of your new address.
- Fill out an IRS change of address form.
- Get copies of your medical and dental records if necessary.
- Get copies of veterinary records, if necessary.
- If you're moving out of state, find out about auto licensing and insurance.
- If you're moving in-state, find out where and how to change your address on your driver's license.
- Notify your kids' schools and have their records transferred to their new schools.
- Return any cable equipment.
- Make hotel and airline reservations if you need them.
8 to 14 days before you move
- Return library books or any other borrowed items.
- Collect all the items you may have loaned out.
- Make arrangements to disconnect gas, electric and other utilities.
- Make arrangements to connect utilities at your new place.
- Arrange to have major appliances prepped for the move.
2 to 7 days before you move
- Get rid of all flammables.
- Figure out what you're bringing with you in the car or plane.
- Arrange for removal of "installed items" you're bringing with you, like a TV antenna or shed.
- Pack a suitcase with clothes and toiletries you'll need the first day in your new home.
- Pack a special box with other essentials you'll need for the first few days. (Make sure to mark box "Do Not Move".)
The day before Moving Day
- Take down curtains and curtain rods
- Empty, defrost and clean your refrigerator. Make sure it has at least 24 hours to air dry.
- Clean and air your stove.
- Plan your breakfast. Paper plates and plastic ware is fine. Eating something on the road is better.
- Pack your personal belongings except your alarm clock.
- Go to sleep early. You'll be glad of it tomorrow.
- Collect all keys to locking items. Put them in a safe place.
- If you hire movers, strip the beds but leave them intact, the movers will dismantle them.
- Make sure you're at home when the movers arrive, so you can sign an inventory.
- Walk around with the crew chief while he does the inventory.
- Make sure everything is ready for the move.
- Keep your signed bill of lading and inventory in an easily accessible place.
- Make sure the driver has the correct delivery address and phone number.
- Confirm the expected delivery time with the driver.
Before you leave, do a final walk-through of every room. Check all closets and cabinets.
Disclaimer: All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither listing broker(s) or information provider(s) shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless. Listing(s) information is provided for consumers personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Information on this site was last updated 12/05/2013. The listing information on this page last changed on 12/05/2013. The data relating to real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange program of Terrehaute MLS (last updated Thu 12/05/2013 12:30:36 PM EST). Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Coldwell Banker Troy Helman may be marked with the Internet Data Exchange logo and detailed information about those properties will include the name of the listing broker(s) when required by the MLS. All rights reserved. --
Agents Only Login
Agency License Information: Coldwell Banker Troy Helman has individual Realtors licensed in Indiana and Illinois.
This site is hosted, designed, and copyright
© 1994 - 2013 by Delta Media Group, Inc. -- Patent Pending --